Here is one of my favorite recipes:
Cranberry Streusel Coffee Cake
½ C unsalted butter, room temperature
1 C granulated sugar
2 eggs, large
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBS grated orange zest
2 C flour, unbleached, all-purpose
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 C sour cream
2 ½ C whole fresh cranberries
¾ C light brown sugar, packed
½ C flour, unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 TBS unsalted butter
½ C walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and lightly flour a 13 x 9 baking pan.
2. Prepare the coffee cake: Mix the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla and orange zest.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream to make a smooth, thick batter. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cranberries over the top.
5. Prepare the topping: toss the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together in a small mixing bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the walnuts. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the cranberries on the coffee cake.
6. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into squares.
From the kitchen of:
For those who love it, cooking is at once child play and adult joy-Craig Claiborne