Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wuxi People Watching - Continued

I am currently house sitting at my Dad's place while he and Nancy are traveling in China. The following is from his recent email. -Roger Frank


Wuxi Collage
Wuxi [woo-she] is a 2.5 hour drive outside of Shanghai. It has many, many high rise apartment buildings. My guess it has a few million in population. The smog here is worse here than Shanghai. The sun penetrates occasionally to cause some shadows. But it always feels like an overcast gray day.

We enjoyed a few hours walking around a large park at one end of a sizable fresh water lake. Since it's Saturday and the first weekend after student high school senior testing the park had more visitors than usual. A word about senior testing. This test will determine, in large measure, what career path the student will take. A great deal of pressure is put on him or her to be good enough for a college career. There are a few parents who think this an unfair way of determine the start of their child's career.

Back to the fun of people watching. Here are most of the tee shirts I saw with English words. Today I took notes.

A woman in her 30s walking at a  freeway plaza wearing white tee shirt with colored letters "Today I'm a Boy  No. 2"

A man in his 20's wearing a shirt saying "Keep the Party Going". Hey I agree!

Another man in his 20s his shirt stated "I Love Green Stop [pollution I guess]. Me too.

A woman's shirt said "Give Baby Love".  While another woman in her 30s wearing a very dressy shirt with a black cursive style wording that said "Perfectly". Another woman's shirt stated "Why Always Us?" I felt like saying to her "I agree!!".

A teenage boy's shirt emphatically said "Live Likes a Rock Star". Yes the word is "Likes". An 11 year old boy with high energy wore a shirt that said " Gridiron est 1984 pass throw". Another 7 year old had a shirt with "Frank Morrello Italy" on it. There was more words which I'll check my photo to see it.

Hongying laughingly told me "I think you like to watch people rather than the this beautiful park. Really I like to do both.
-Bob

Photo Credit: JoniPoon,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wuxi_collage.jpg

No comments: